Saturday, March 19, 2016

Katoomba - winter 1983

Here's a few shots from Katoomba in the winter of 1983 as a harbinger of cooler weather.

First up, 4615 hides behind a few poles whilst heading up a CUB set.


Probably the same afternoon, a good shot of all the poles at Katoomba station - with a candy 46 on the front of set 84 in the background.


Here is my favourite shot of Katoomba, 46 classes and cement trains.  And I think I may have posted this one once before, but its soooo good.



Time for some more modern electric power - this time 8505 on a down service.


Its slightly younger cousin, resting in the up relief.  This looks to be taken at another time during the week.


Finally, a real goods train!


Will finish up with a practice which is long gone from NSW railway workings... tractor shunting goods wagons.


Cheers!
Don



5 comments:

  1. Great pics, Don. The louvre van is actually an LLV, NLLF 10073, to be exact. It was never a GLX. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a tractor shunting grain at coota last year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ben - eyesight letting me down (once again).

    Probably should have been clearer with my wording too - I meant tractor shunting general freight wagons.

    Cheers, Don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tractors still used in some maintenance depots, Enfield yard being one.

      Delete